Youth Services Coordinator, Ball Ground
Post Date: November 8, 2017
Closing Date: December 1, 2017
Start Date: January 2, 2018
Position: Youth Services Coordinator, Full-time, 29 hours a week
Location: Ball Ground Public Library, 435 Old Canton Rd, Ball Ground, GA 30107
General Duties: In addition to providing basic customer service and circulation assistance, this position plans, prepares and implements programs for youth of all ages, including story times, after-school programs and summer reading programs. This position is also a front-line customer service position providing circulation and information services to patrons of all ages with an emphasis on children. This position reports to the Ball Ground Branch Manager.
Salary: $15,532.40 Annually
Benefit Package: Paid Leave, Paid Holidays, GA Flexible Benefits and TRS Retirement
Schedule: Schedule includes a combination of daytime, evening, and weekend hours. Work schedule will vary and flexibility is required. Youth services staff should coordinate time-off with programming calendar and summer reading programs.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to shelve materials, push, pull and lift 30 (thirty) pounds, and stand for long periods of time.
• Experience working with the public and/or customer service field experience preferred.
• Previous experience working in a library/or working with children and two years of college is preferred.
• Design, implement and evaluate a wide variety of programs and services appropriate to the identified interests and developmental needs of children requiring skills in program presentation and development.
• Demonstrate creativity, openness to new ideas, knowledge of a variety of tools and techniques and a sense of humor.
• Promote youth library services directly to children through school visits, library tours, etc., and through engaging caregivers, educators and other youth-serving community partners.
• Pursue a variety of information sources, including popular media, to keep current on topics relevant to children.
• Utilize promotional techniques to attract and invite children and caregivers to use the collection and spaces.
• Promote awareness of youth services to other staff members.
• Provide public service assistance to patrons of all ages with an emphasis on children.
• Provides direct supervision for part-time staff as needed.
• Recommends the selection, retention, and general development of collections for youth.
• Maintains and reports statistics related to youth services as required.
• Provides a monthly schedule of youth programs for inclusion in system wide promotional materials in a timely manner.
• Attends regularly scheduled regional department meetings and workshops.
• Maintains continuing education at appropriate and available times.
• Assists patrons at circulation desk and provides staff support as needed.
• Serve as the supervising staff member on night and weekends as needed.
• Communicates effectively using a variety of methods.
• Works effectively in teams with strong team-building skills and attitudes.
• Familiarity with the stages of child development as it relates to literacy programs for all ages.
• Ability to engage, present and speak to audiences of all ages.
• Knowledge of library system policies and procedures.
• Basic computer skills (internet, email, Microsoft Office).
• Light cleaning of shelves and work area.
Problem with our application? Go to CONTACT US and select employment.
Monday 10:00 AM 8:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 AM 8:00 PM
Thursday 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
Sunday 2:00 PM 6:00 PM
© 2017 · Sequoyah Regional Library System