Youth Services Coordinator-Gilmer County Library
Post Date: January 16, 2018
Closing Date: January 19, 2018
Start Date: March 1, 2018
Position: Youth Services Coordinator, Full-time, 40 hours a week
Location: Gilmer County Library, 268 Calvin Jackson Dr, Ellijay, GA 30540
General Duties: In addition to providing basic customer service and circulation assistance, this position plans, prepares and implements programs for youth of all ages, including story times, after-school programs and summer reading programs. This position is also a front-line customer service position providing circulation and information services to patrons of all ages with an emphasis on children. This position reports to the Gilmer County Branch Manager.
Salary: $22,000 Annually
Benefits: Paid Leave & Holidays, State Health Benefit Plan, Flexible Benefits and TRS (retirement)
Schedule: Schedule includes a combination of daytime, evening, and weekend hours. Work schedule will vary and flexibility is required. Youth services staff should coordinate time-off with programming calendar and summer reading programs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to shelve materials, push, pull and lift 30 (thirty) pounds, and stand for long periods of time.
- Experience working with the public and/or customer service field experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in a library/or working with children and two years of college is preferred.
- Design, implement and evaluate a wide variety of programs and services appropriate to the identified interests and developmental needs of children requiring skills in program presentation and development.
- Demonstrate creativity, openness to new ideas, knowledge of a variety of tools and techniques and a sense of humor.
- Promote youth library services directly to children through school visits, library tours, etc., and through engaging caregivers, educators and other youth-serving community partners.
- Utilize promotional techniques to attract and invite children and caregivers to use the collection and spaces.
- Promote awareness of youth services to other staff members.
- Provides direct supervision for part-time staff as needed.
- Provides a monthly schedule of youth programs for inclusion in system wide promotional materials in a timely manner.
- Attends regularly scheduled regional department meetings and workshops.
- Communicates effectively using a variety of methods.
- Works effectively in teams with strong team-building skills and attitudes.
- Ability to engage, present and speak to audiences of all ages.
- Basic computer skills (internet, email, Microsoft Office).
Submit resume and/or cover letter with the online application.Apply
Monday 10:00 AM 8:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 AM 8:00 PM
Thursday 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
Sunday 2:00 PM 6:00 PM
© 2017 · Sequoyah Regional Library System