Meeting Room Use:
Meeting rooms are available in all of the libraries in the Sequoyah Regional Library System. The capacity of the rooms varies from library to library. There is no charge for the use of the meeting room, but a cleaning fee may be assessed if special cleaning is required after a group has used the room.
• The library welcomes the use of its meeting rooms by governmental, educational, civic, and cultural groups. All meetings or programs must be open to the public and free of charge.
• The meeting room must be booked in advance on a first-come, first-served basis.
• An application must be filled out by an official of the organization requesting the room. It must be signed and returned to the library before the room is used. When making a reservation, the person should state the name and nature of the group, the number of people expected, and give the name, phone number and e-mail address (if applicable) of the person responsible.
• When the meeting room is to be used by a qualifying organization with members under 18 years of age, application for the use of the room must be made by adults, and adults must be present during use of the meeting room.
• The person/organization making the reservation will be held responsible for the proper conduct of those attending the meeting and for the expense of any damage to library property, or any special cleaning required.
• The library cannot guarantee a regular meeting place for any group. Reservations may be made for three consecutive meeting dates. At the end of the third meeting, future reservations may be made in the same manner.
The Meeting Room may not be used for:
• Any purpose which, in the opinion of the Director and/or Library Board, may interfere with the normal use of the Library
• A return engagement by a group that has abused or damaged the facility in its earlier use or has violated any of the regulations set forth in this policy.
• Sale or promotion of products or services, order placement, or solicitation for future sales, except in conjunction with a library program.
• Events promoting individual political candidates.
• Purely social functions unless sponsored by the library or a library group.
• Activities for which admission, a donation, or a registration fee is charged. (An optional materials fee may be allowed with prior approval of the Library Director.)
• Presentations by businesses or other commercial ventures which hold potential for financial gain through contacts with attendees.
• Fundraising activities which do not benefit the library.
Hours of Use:
Meetings must be held within library hours unless local policy states otherwise. Notice will be given 20 minutes in advance of closing and all groups must leave the room at least ten (10) minutes before library closing time.
Monday 10:00 AM 8:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 AM 8:00 PM
Thursday 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
Sunday 2:00 PM 6:00 PM
SEQUOYAH REGIONAL LIBRARY SYSTEM
116 Brown Industrial Parkway