Vendors wishing to do business with the library system must adhere to the Finance Policy and complete a New Vendor Application Packet.
Adhere to the following information found in the Sequoyah Regional Library System Finance Policy:
- The Sequoyah Regional Library System will maintain a centralized purchasing system where all system purchases will be coordinated by the Finance Manager.
- All purchases of $20,000 or more must be advertised, have sealed bids taken and be opened in public at a place, time and date publicly announced unless on State contract. Purchases with an estimated total cost less than $20,000 should be purchased in accordance with the adopted purchasing rules and regulations. Under no circumstances should purchases be split to avoid bid limits. All sealed bids must be awarded by the appropriate library board.
- All purchases under $20,000 require at least three quotes if possible to insure that the best price is obtained unless on State contract. Purchases with an estimated total cost less than $20,000 should be purchased in accordance with the adopted purchasing rules and regulations.
- Price is an important factor in the selection, but other criteria will be evaluated such as quality, support, and physical location of the business. Cherokee, Pickens and Gilmer County businesses are given priority whenever possible.
- Vendor Suspension: The SRLS Director may issue a written determination to suspend a vendor from doing business with the Library System pending an investigation to determine whether cause exists for debarment in accordance with approved purchasing procedures. A written notice of the suspension, including a copy of the determination, shall be sent to the suspended vendor with a copy to the Finance Manager. The suspension period will be effective upon issuance of the notice of suspension.
- Vendor Debarment – A vendor may be debarred for any of the following reasons:
- Conviction of a criminal offense in relation to obtaining or attempting to obtain a Library System contract or in the performance of such contract;
- Conviction under State of Georgia or Federal statutes of embezzlement, theft, forgery, bribery, falsification or destruction of records or receiving stolen property;
- Conviction under State of Georgia or Federal antitrust statutes arising out of the submission of bids or proposals;
- Failure to perform in accordance with the terms of one or more contracts following notice of such failure, or a history of failure to perform, or of unsatisfactory performance of one or more contracts;
- The vendor is currently under debarment by any other governmental entity that is based upon a settlement agreement or a final administrative or judicial determination issued by a Federal, state or local governmental entity.
Following completion of the investigation to determine whether a vendor has engaged in activities that are cause for debarment, the SRLS Director may debar the vendor for a period of time commensurate with the seriousness of the findings.
- A written notice of debarment shall be sent to the vendor. The notice shall:
- State the debarment period; and
- Inform the debarred vendor that any person(s) representing the debarred vendor during the debarment period may conduct no business with the Library System and that any solicitation responses received from the debarred vendor during the debarment period shall not be considered.
The debarment period will be effective immediately after the notice of debarment is sent to the debarred vendor. Sequoyah Regional Library System is an equal opportunity employer. SRLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. We participate in E-Verify. Our E-Verify ID# is 230979. We have been active participants since July 16, 2009.