Events & Programs
Total Check Outs
Anita Summers, Executive Director
Angela Cortellino, Deputy Director
Administrative offices are located at the
R.T. Jones Memorial Library
116 Brown Industrial Pkwy
Canton, GA 30114
The Sequoyah Regional Library System is governed by the Regional Library Board of Trustees.
For more information on the operation of the board click here.
Goal 1: Increase
Goal 1: Increase outreach efforts to link the library and the community it serves by forming strong connections with organizations and increasing visibility at local activities.
- Establish the position of an Outreach Manager
- Identify opportunities for exposure of library resources and services through outreach activities.
- Increase on-site programming.
- Maximize and increase outreach tools.
Goal 2: Reach
Goal 2: Reach community members who do not use the library and increase library card holders in our service population.
- Increase external marketing efforts, identifying new ways to reach non-card holders.
- Identify services which appeal to non-card holders.
- Increase library card holders to 40% of our service population.
Goal 3: Establish
Goal 3: Establish the library as a gathering place for all community members.
- Invite entities to join us in our spaces through programming and partnership.
- Streamline the process for outside entities to utilize library space.
- Create library spaces that invite and encourage collaboration and gathering.
Goal 4: Leverage
Goal 4: Leverage library stories.
- Refine library story feedback process to provide more useful information that can be used in marketing and advocacy.
- Highlight user stories to stakeholders and the community in creative and impactful ways.
- Work with public-facing staff to evaluate strategies to gather impactful patron stories.
Goal 5: Align
Goal 5: Align library efforts with the ongoing growth and progress of our community.
- Develop tools to gather feedback from the community.
- Work with professionals to identify growth and potential.
- Establish a personnel plan that supports the dynamic community growth.
- Establish a long term plan, forecasting at least ten years.
Goal 6: Foster
Goal 6: Foster active and open communications with local leaders.
- Improve relationships with local funding agencies.
- Maintain an awareness of city and county efforts and programs through establishing regular communication.
- Actively look to identify ways in which the Library could play a role in promoting or facilitating city and county efforts and programs
- Invite local officials to library events and programming.
116 Brown Industrial Parkway Canton, GA 30114 Phone: 770.479.3090
E-VERIFY. EMPLOYER ID #230979, AUTHORIZATION DATE 07/16/09