Branch Manager - Gilmer County Library
Branch Manager – Gilmer County Library
(Full-time, 40 hours per week)
We are looking for a team player who enjoys working with people and enjoys lifelong learning. If you love the
Library and believe in great customer service, this job is for you!
This position serves as Librarian-in-Charge of a single county branch library. Responsibilities include providing leadership for Branch staff and managing the overall service plan and operation of the agency including collection development and maintenance, services and programs, customer and community relations, outreach and developing partnerships and overseeing the general maintenance and security of the library building and grounds.
Post Date: 02/24/2020
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Gilmer County Library | 268 Calvin Jackson Drive Ellijay, GA 30540
Salary & Benefits:
Salary for this position is based on state salary range, with the minimum being $47,518. Qualifications and experience will also be considered.
Paid Annual Leave, Sick Leave & Holidays. State Health Benefit Plan, Flexible Benefits and Teacher Retirement System.
Full-Time, 40 hours per week. Typical work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8 hours a day, but will include nights and weekends.
1. Supervise and coordinate the activities of employees including determining work procedures, work schedules and maintaining leave requests; issuing instructions and assigning duties; reviewing work; recommending personnel actions; conducting progress reviews; and conducting departmental training and orientation.
- Oversee all daily operations of the library branch, including programs, financial operations, bank deposits, submission of supply orders and maintenance of library facility and grounds.
- Demonstrate ability to lead teams effectively, including delegating tasks, developing the skills of direct report staff and involving employees in progress reviews.
- Implement and evaluate standards and practices for the delivery of quality customer service treating users in a welcoming, professional manner and providing other staff with an example of positive customer service.
- Manage the library environment to enhance the user experience including organizing the library’s collections, physical areas and work areas to appeal to users, meet their needs and create a positive and welcoming environment.
- Communicate with branch staff regularly and engage in community relationship building to ensure that we offer materials, services and programs designed to meet patron needs.
- Apply effective techniques to address difficult situations with users and encourage users to follow library policies; apply good judgment when deviating from official policies and procedures.
- Promote library programs and services through public speaking, public information programs, presentations, and local media.
- Communicate special problems and needs to library administration, board, and funding agencies and library interest groups.
- Attend professional conferences, workshops, meetings, and webinars to stay abreast of trends in librarianship
- Master’s Degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited program
- Grade 5-B or higher certification from the Georgia Board for the Certification of Librarians
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License and good driving record
- 3 years working in a library setting, with progressively responsible library experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of library principles, practices, systems and techniques
Skills & Abilities:
- Skill reflecting a high level of comfort with technology.
- Ability to work with others in a variety of circumstances; to deal tactfully with staff and the public; to communicate effectively with supervisor, staff and the public.
- Ability to evaluate the changing needs of the system/department and respond.
- Ability to analyze and to creatively solve problems related to the position.
Must be able to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time; lift boxes and crates of no more than 30 lbs.; move and manipulate inventory; frequent stooping, kneeling and crouching.
Sequoyah Regional Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race; color; religion; sex; national origin; age; disability; genetic information; uniformed service status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; or any other legally protected category. Consistent with the Americans Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing the appropriate background checks. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
SRLS participates in E-Verify. Employer ID #230979, Authorization Date 07/16/09.
SEQUOYAH REGIONAL LIBRARY SYSTEM
116 Brown Industrial Parkway