Youth Services Specialist
Youth Services Specialist – RT Jones Memorial Library
(Full-time, 29 hours per week)
Post Date: 08/12/2019
Closing Date: 08/23/2019
We are looking for a team player who enjoys working with people and enjoys lifelong learning. If you love the library and believe in great customer service, this job is for you!
This position organizes library services for youth ages 0-12, including information assistance, collection services and programming (including story times, after-school programs and summer reading programs). This position also works with branch staff to provide services to families and all ages. The position interacts directly with the public to provide quality customer service. This position provides the best possible programs and services to help support the learning needs of youth, and their families, schools and caregivers. This customer-focused position anticipates and meets the needs of users in the most visible way and provides circulation assistance.
September 3, 2019
116 Brown Industrial Parkway, Canton, GA 30114
Salary & Benefits:
$16,270 Annually, Paid Annual Leave, Sick Leave & Holidays. State Health Benefit Plan, Flexible Benefits and Teacher Retirement System.
Full-Time, 29 hours per week. Schedule includes a combination of daytime, evening, and weekend hours. This position is the primary staff member for weekly Saturday Storytime. This library is open 7 days a week. Work schedule will vary and flexibility is required. Youth services staff should coordinate time-off with programming calendar and summer reading programs.
- Design, implement and evaluate a wide variety of programs and services appropriate to the identified interests and developmental needs of children requiring skills in program presentation and development.
- Demonstrate creativity, openness to new ideas, knowledge of a variety of tools and techniques and a sense of humor.
- Promote youth library services directly to children through school visits, library tours, etc., and through engaging caregivers, educators and other youth-serving community partners.
- Utilize promotional techniques, displaying and marketing materials to be attractive and enjoyable to the public, as well as convenient to use.
- Promote awareness of public services to other staff members.
- Assist at the service desk and provides staff support as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with the public and/or customer service field experience preferred.
- Experience supervising staff is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a library/or working with children is preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Customer service experience and strong technology skills.
- Flexibility to work independently and collaborate with others; operate job-related equipment; problem solving; meet, communicate and deal with people effectively.
Must be able to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time; lift boxes and crates of no more than 30 lbs.; move and manipulate inventory; frequent stooping, kneeling and crouching.
Sequoyah Regional Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race; color; religion; sex; national origin; age; disability; genetic information; uniformed service status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; or any other legally protected category. Consistent with the Americans Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing the appropriate background checks. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
SRLS participates in E-Verify. Employer ID #230979, Authorization Date 07/16/09.