We provide long distance students with exam proctoring for a fee.
If you need an exam proctored, contact the Reference Coordinator at your library for scheduling and fee information. In offering this service we need to balance the needs of the students and the institutions with which they may be working and the needs of other library patrons. We can usually meet all of the requirements for proctoring but we do have some limitations.
We will provide:
- Staff members who are authorized to provide proctoring
- Space for test taking
- However, there may not be a separate quiet area available
- Staff will seal and sign the envelope of the finished exam
- Staff will not deliver exams to the post office or Fed-Ex/UPS store
- Staff will not provide letters or telephone calls
- A reply to an exam received by e-mail will serve as confirmation and receipt
- The ability to complete most on-line testing.
- Online testing may be more easily accommodated at R. T. Jones than at the branch libraries.
- Sequoyah Regional Library accepts no responsibility for Internet connections.
- We cannot install any software on our computers. Tests must be completely web-based.
The student will:
- Contact the library to make arrangements with the designated staff member
- Arrangements should be made at least 24 hours in advance
- Proctoring fees are paid in cash in advance
- Verify with library staff that the requirements of the institution giving the examination can be met
- Verify that the physical environment at the library meets test-taking needs
- Arrange for an accessible computer if needed
- Provide photo identification to verify identity before the test is administered
- Be responsible for providing postage and any other expenses incurred such as photocopying, printing from e-mail and receiving or sending faxes
If the student does not abide by the University’s or school’s rules and regulations, the Library staff will terminate the test and fees will not be refunded.
The Library is not responsible for keeping copies of completed exams.